Welcome to Ashburton Community Care. We are a local charitable group established with the aim of providing friendly support to elderly or isolated people in the Ashburton area. We work closely with DASH who provide transport services for the patients of Ashburton Surgery.
The help we offer includes:
- Companionship and befriending
- Help with shopping
- Help with socialising
- Low-level help in the home and garden
- Help with information and form-filling
- Outings to local shopping centres or areas of interest
- Carer relief
- Support after you have been discharged from hospital
- Phone Friends (in progress)
- Weekly Lunch Club
We have a team of trained volunteers who have been selected following an interview and application process, and whose heart lies very much in helping others in the community.