Welcome to Ashburton Community Care. We are a local charitable group established with the aim of providing friendly support to elderly or isolated people in the Ashburton area. We work closely with DASH who provide transport services for the patients of Ashburton Surgery.
We have a team of trained volunteers who have been selected following an interview and application process, and whose heart lies very much in helping others in the community.
The help we offer includes:
- Companionship and befriending – in person and on the phone
- Help with shopping
- Help with socialising
- Low-level help in the home and garden
- Help with information and form-filling
- Outings to local shopping centres or areas of interest
- Carer relief
- Support after you have been discharged from hospital
- Phone Friends
- Weekly Lunch Club (when Covid restrictions allow)
- Monthly Music Groups: the Biscuit Band, based at Redmount and St Andrews Care homes
- NHS Wellbeing Programme – personal support from a Wellbeing Coordinator
- Support for people living with Dementia and Memory loss and their families and carers.
- Twice Daily Programme of Telephone Social Activity groups: Crossword, All about Dartmoor, Memory Lane, Seated Exercise; Classical Music Appreciation, Poetry, Quizzes, A Wellbeing Moment and Bingo.